Thursday, February 21, 2013





For my concenrtation I'm thinking I want it to be about hands or individualism. I want the concenrtation to speak about how every one is unique and different and different is beauty. I'm also thinking of doing a peace and traditional theme to speak about inner zen and peace, and how even when the world seems to be crashing down around you and everything seems to be changing there's still such a thing as inner peace and tranquility. I'm thining about adding religion to that second idea and possibly getting individualism out of that.

3 comments:

  1. Your idea is intriguing, and I like the inclusion of the quote in your concentration statement. You need to include what principles of design you will use in your series. Good start on your first images. I would work on a light source that enhances the form of the hands more. Side lighting creates interesting shadows and enhances the form. You could also use light as symbolism. Think about all of the different light sources you used in the light assignment and how they changed the mood of your photos. You could use these different light sources to change the mood of your hand photos from positive to negative depending on the subject matter. I would spend some time researching "Tips for Photographing Hands" online. Post your favorite site that you find here in addition to posting your future photos. Looking forward to your next photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a side note, you need to finish creating your blog. You're missing most of the student links and the link back to the class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your concept of hands. You should take pictures of a baby's hand compared to an old, weathered one. Along with that, you could take pictures of someone washing their hands clean, and a picture of dirty hands. This would create deep contrast and unique symbolism of pure and clean vs. dirty and evil.

    ReplyDelete