Friday, March 1, 2013

This Is Not A Pipe






I've decided to name each new post after a famous piece of art, thus "This Is Not A Pipe." This week I took a few more photos hands. At first it was easy to just take a shot of a family member's hand and now it's becoming difficult to capture other people's hands because I don't like taking pictures at school due to the light and outside of school my hand subjects don't have the time nor the patience to get their hand picture taken. I'm still stuck on the idea of hands and individualism, this week I explored the idea of inner peace as a concentration, but to no avail. I thought I could turn my one of my hand photos into a photo story; each hand being a piece of a heart shape and photoshop collaged together to make up one heart, if that makes sense, sorry that was weird to put into words, it'll make sense when it's done and I post it. When I had my critigue during the end of first semester the comment was made that I take very good geometric shape photos; I'm wondering if there is a way I can incorporate my strength of shapes into my concentration. The bike gears are going to be in the photo story of the hand with the stethoscope. The colthes are going with the hand with the cellphone. And the hand that is cooking is going to be it's own photo story. The arm with with bracelet I liked for the hands project because it showed culture and experience. The lights and the prayer flag were my experimentation with inner peace and religion.

1 comment:

  1. Your inner peace photos are actually your strongest pieces this week. You used an interesting eye level, had diagonal lines creating movement, played with scale, and had figure ground. They also have a lovely soft lighting. I would keep going with that idea. We have had a student do a series on the idea of Zen that was very successful.

    ReplyDelete